Friday, August 17, 2007

A Big Beginning

'Afternoon America,

It was a great summer. Fortunately I have had some work fall into my lap that paid ok, and a few opportunities and contacts that I can take advantage of now. At the same time, I have found that my education would make me more employable in the circle of people I've started to build my network, which would, in the long run, give give my career longevity. Doing so many things and being good at them isn't enough for me. I'd much rather be great. So logically, school will only help advance my knowledge and skill. If nothing more than to buy time to perfect and build on what I already know, the 11 months it will take to finish is worth it. Being in school is also giving me more outlets to get to where I'm trying to go...if it wasn't for school I wouldn't have come to LA this summer (hmmm!!!).

This wasn't the easiest decision to make. It's hard to say "hold on" to the things you imagined and dreamed you would be doing. On top of that, everyone I'm working w/ is not especially happy to see me go, but they support me going back to school, if I promise to come back as soon as I finish (lol). Aside from buying time to make myself a hot commodity, I want to complete something for the first time in my life. Other than high school, which I barely made it out of, I've never had to complete anything. Getting this degree will give me a sense of accomplishment on so many levels...not to mention it will make my mom the happiest in the world.

It's just time I started investing and believing in me as much as the people around me invest and believe in me. So, we'll see how it goes...I told Debbie anything short of $100,000 can't keep me out of school!!!LOL

Until next time...well, there is no next time,

You've been a great audience America

Thanks,

-The "BIG" Is

No comments: